Saturday, June 25, 2011

RECAP (Pt.I): ABSOLUTely on TOP(shop)


So, I thought I would give you all a quick recap on the festivities that have been going on in this wonderful city. I was invited to a casual event for ABSOLUT vodka's launch of their newest drink, Orient Apple, at Brassaii restaurant (which, can I say, is just an absolutely beautiful venue!) My friend, Viktoria (who I brought as my guest), and I were treated to a 3-course meal, with each dish thoughtfully paired with a drink using ABSOLUT's Orient Apple as the foundation ingredient. Suffice to say, it was a wonderful way to introduce the company's new product. You could tell that a lot of thought was put into the event, as the choice of venue (stunning), the food, and the pairings were done in a very strategic and effective way! Great job ABSOLUT! 

Viktoria & the Appetizer
 Dessert!!!!
QR Codes (clever)
The seemingly never-ending drink. I swear it refilled itself on its own. That's my kind of drink!

The past weekend also saw the brief presence of TopShop/TopMan's pop-up shop on Queen street to build exposure and anticipation for their debut in the Canadian market come the fall.
You love me, you really love me!
Judging from the massive line ups to get into the area, i'm pretty sure it's safe to say that the event was a hit, and definitely helped to build hype and awareness to the brand for both those who were aware and unaware of the brand. Unfortunately, I didn't end up purchasing anything. But the event was great, and the presentation was a nice whimsical mix of a laid-back summer vibe combined with a slightly bohemian flare. Very appropriate! Ironically enough, when I was walking out, I did end up purchasing a couple bracelets and these fantastic neon yellow-trimmed sunglasses at this quaint little street vendor that was parked right beside the event haha (pictured at the top).

Lastly, I was very pleasantly surprised at the amount of feedback that I received from the Hudson's Bay article I wrote earlier. Not only did I get a substantial amount of hits from it (thank youuu, Twitter!), but HBC personally messaged me to show their appreciation for the coverage! MTV host Aliya-Jasmine Sovani also reached out, and the ONE.AND.ONLY JEANNE BEKER retweeted the article. Let's just say, it was a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment