Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Look Book: Colour-Blocked

I don't know what it is about this particular trend that I seem to have such a high affinity for, but I am all about the colours this season! It's not even really my style either, as I prefer to go with more subtle patterns and colours over the flashier variety. Perhaps it's the vibrancy and optimism that seem to come with this particular aesthetic that i've become so enamored with. Given certain events that have occurred in my personal life, a little colour is precisely what is needed in order to liven up a setting.

For those of you wanting to try this particular look, just remember, balance is key. Too little, and you're missing the whole point. Too much, and suddenly you've joined the circus. Tread carefully. Pick one statement colour (in this case, my mustard yellow pants), and build your outfit around it with colours that will complement and anchor it down. I like to keep things fairly simple, so any more accent colours on me, and i'll feel like a clown. Others, however, will incorporate a palette consisting of colours all across the board - and pull it off. It all depends on your style, and how well you can balance each element together!

Look after the jump for credits :) 


Blazer: Vintage
Shirt: Brooklyn Tailors
Pants: Club Monaco
Belt: Gap
Shoes: H&M
Clutch: American Apparel
Glasses: Derek Cardigan
Watch: Salvatore Ferragamo
Bracelets: Vintage
Lapel Pin: H&M
Pocket Square: Vintage

1 comment: