Sunday, July 24, 2011

OBSESSED: Coats

At this point, i'm thinking "Obsessed" or "Obsession" would be a more appropriate name for my blog, since all I seem to do is find more things to add onto my already massive list of sartorial desires. Sigh, plight of a fashion addict. I'm sure many of you can relate. It's quite a love/hate relationship, no?

Ironically, right in the middle of the hottest summer i've ever experienced (sidebar: My friend knows someone who lives in Toronto and went on a trip to India recently. She said the climate is comparable. WORST!!!), i've had this odd and completely inappropriate obsession for winter coats. Perhaps it is my yearning for summer to end and for fall to begin. Like a bear prepares its body for hibernation, I prepare my wardrobe for fall fashion. In my opinion, it is the best time of the year to go hunting for clothes, as the sheer amount of possibilities for dressing oneself are endless! Maybe i'm biased because I grew up in the Rockies of Alberta, where a weeks' worth of +15C to +20C would be considered a great summer success, but I am so over this heat. My body is not conditioned to it, and as result, leaves me in a constant state of abnormal perspiration. Which of course, is super attractive.
Anyway, as I mentioned, coats. In the fashion world, there are different categories of people. You have your shoe fanatics, bag hoarders, jewelry addicts, dress fiends, and more. It's like that scene in Mean Girls (yes, i'm really using a Mean Girl reference), where LiLo is being educated on the many different groups of people in her school. The same goes for fashion. Me, well i'm a coat freak. Or rather, outerwear freak. When it comes to things that i'm drawn to, I have a unique affinity for all things coats, jackets, and more. Which is why this post should not come as a surprise! Check out some of the sartorial goods that I'm currently lusting after...

I've never really been too familiar with the Ben Sherman brand, and always thought it was a bit too British mod for me, but they seem to be going in a much different direction of late. Very much a heritage-inspired variety, which i'm all for! Take this shawl collar coat for example. The colour is absolutely beautiful and the design is so very handsome. It's the type of coat you'll know will always look great on anyone, any age, and any time, whether that be now or 50 years from now. That is a true sign of quality. 


How great is this coat?!?!?! It's a 4-Point Wool Blanket Coat from the Hudson's Bay Company. I'm loving the sheer intensity and vibrance of the red. Carrying on from summer, this fall and winter season is all about COLOUR (see: Burberry Prosum Fall 2011). What better a time for this coat than this upcoming season? I appreciate and respect a good pop of colour during the bleak and dreary winter months. 

And really. I'm starting to develop an unhealthy lust for pretty much everything from HBC's Signature and Heritage lines. Back in Alberta, all our HBC locations seem to be one level up from ghetto supreme, so coming here to Toronto and seeing how great the brand really is, it's like a whole new world opened up to me! With that being said, i've definitely got my eye on a couple other items from them...
HBC x Klaxon Howl Grey 8-Point Jacket.
I'm having this thing for belted coats as well. 

Yay for Signature pieces!



1 comment:

  1. I love that red coat! Another great post Lance. Send some heat out west, will you? K thanks!

    ReplyDelete